Pack of 24 Tapco Slate Aledora – Pewter Grey (804)
- TapcoSlate Aledora tile moulds are an exact replica of quality natural roofing slates. Stone cleavage and unique edges are replicated exactly under intense pressure when manufacturing our durable roofing slates and shingles.
- Available in S-Series (12″ tile width).
- Lightweight – as low as 8.35kg per square metre.
- Easy to install with pre-marked nailing and exposure guides and spacers.
- Easily cut with a fine-toothed saw or sharp utility blade.
- No sorting, clipping, or drilling prior to roof loading. Packaged in bundles of 24 for easy handling.
- Fittings (ridges and hips) are mechanically fixed.
- Choice of colours (special order only).
- Non-repeating staggered or straight application.
- 40-year warranty.
- TapcoSlate Aledora is not made from recycled plastics but is manufactured from recyclable virgin limestone and polypropylene.
• 18” x 12” (457mm x 305mm)
• 0.52 kgs.
• 14 degrees (fully boarded roof).
- 6” at 14° to 22.5°
- 6.5”, 7”, 7.5”, and 8″ at 22.6° to 90° (these gauges over 22.6° are used for aesthetics only).
- 6″ exposure (S-Series):
12″ width slate = 21 slates m²
- 6.5″ exposure (S-Series):
12″ width slate = 20 slates m²
- 7″ exposure (S-Series):
12″ width slate = 18 slates m²
- 7.5″ exposure (S-Series):
12″ width slate = 17 slates m²
- 8″ exposure (S-Series):
12″ width slate = 16 slates m²
• Please also see coverage/gauge table on the FAQ page or the Fixing Guide.
• 1152 Slates (0.65 tonnes).
• Bundle: 24 slates (13.6kg).
• 1.5” (38mm) by 1” (25mm) treated battens (minimum).
• Large-headed galvanised 1.2” (30mm) by 0.1” (2.5mm) steel nails (using hammer or nail-gun).
• Aluminium or copper nails may also be used, but driving them through the slate may cause bending.
• Fine-toothed handsaw, jigsaw, circular saw, or sharp utility blade.
• Tapco Slates should not be stored on roof decks in such a manner as to over-stress and/or damage the deck and supporting structure.
Cold Weather Installation
Tapco Slates should be stored in original packaging in a storage facility where the temperature meets or exceeds 7°C.
Use protective coverage over all pallets while being temporarily stored on-site.
Tapco Slates must be conditioned at a temperature no lower than 7°C for twenty-four (24) hours prior to use.
Tapco Slate may be installed at temperatures as low as 0°C but must be hand fastened, the use of a pneumatic gun below 7°C will result in cracking and webbing in the fastened area.
Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s installation requirements for all underlay or membrane and any other applications.
Comply with any and all local building regulations.