Tapco Slate Lightweight Plastic Roof Tiles
slate… but not as you know it!
Whether you have a conservatory, modern house or a listed building, Tapco Slate Classic adds splendour, elegance and tradition to your home. It is authentically shaped with textured surfaces and riven edges moulded from authentic slates that make TapcoSlate Classic almost indistinguishable from natural slate – yet it has an even more refined appearance. Tapco Slate Classic will not crack, break or delaminate, and its product formulation and manufacturing processes provide durability, performance, and longevity for many years to come. By providing a lightweight and easily-installed product, installation costs are lower, with less waste!
- Lightweight – as low as 12kg per square metre.
- Easy to install with pre-marked nailing and exposure guides and spacers.
- Easily cut with a fine-toothed saw or sharp utility blade.
- Built-in camber for tighter fit when fixed in situ.
- No sorting, clipping, or drilling prior to roof loading. Packaged in bundles of 25 for easy handling.
- Fittings (ridges and hips) are mechanically fixed.
- Choice of colours (6 standard colours stocked for immediate availability).
- 40-year warranty.
- Local Authority Building Control (LABC) Registered Details product.
- Fully tested to BBA, ETA and CE standards, including fire rating, wind, driven snow & rain, and water absorption.
- TapcoSlate Classic is not made from recycled plastics but is manufactured from recyclable virgin limestone and polypropylene.
Roofing slate has for centuries been desired for its durability and aesthetic appeal, but it does have drawbacks with its weight, pitch restrictions and brittleness. British Board of Agrément (BBA) certified and LABC Registered Details TapcoSlate Classic combines all the positive features of this beautiful, natural product, but adds practicality and enhanced performance to create a gorgeous roof that won’t break or delaminate, survives substantial impact, is very light in weight, easy to install, no sorting, clipping or drilling, has a 40-year warranty, can be used on lower pitches than those achievable with natural slate and overall roof costing is very competitive.